I knew, of course, that it wasn't "THE CALL" but just the fact that they are checking in with us makes me feel that this is really going to happen! We are getting close enough that they wanted to see if I had any questions and to check on my e-mail address. They said that when their next families with LID's of 3/14 get referrals they will contact us, assuming that we are next. To clarify, our agency only has families LID's (Log in Dates) with 3/14 and 3/21 next up. But there are LID's before and between these dates. I told them that I wasn't expecting to hear anything until August but they said in a very guarded way that they "hoped" that would be "taken care of" in the next 2 months. I'm not quite sure what that means. Do they know something we don't know?
Marchers reading this should also note that our agency is a very quiet one and I may be reading way too much into this little phone conversation to warrant a rumor. We have been through it enough to know not to count on anything. We also know how huge the 7th is, so I'm just counting on a one day batch coming up but hoping I'm wrong.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your pseudo-rumor with us! We also received a similar call from our agency a couple of months ago. They said that they were verifying contact info for the families who they expected to receive a referral 'in the next couple of months.' I was cool as a cucumber on the phone but lost it as soon as I hung up. It's as if we've been in a 'survival numbness' to get through the wait and it's tough to realize that it's actually going to happen...and soon!!!
This is so fascinating Mimes! Wow! It is really happening!!!
Post a Comment