Friday, June 26, 2009

What Next? Who's Next?


A friend of mine who adopted from China some years ago has unfortunately been on the receiving end of my many manic phone calls through the last four years announcing such things as, "We have to renew all our paperwork, I need you to sign this petition for congress to allow fee extensions, oh and by the way our referral is not going to happen this year but maybe next. "  Ring, Ring - "Make that three more years."  Ring "China seems to be delaying referrals and travel this month because of he flu virus." Ring " Hey, it's me again, now they are quarantining families and separating kids from their parents, it is breaking my heart but I don't think we can risk taking the boys."  Ring, Ring - "Hey good news I can finally say that we are next for referral!!"  Ring, Ring - "Just got an e-mail that our agency is closing it's door next week."   

After this last update on our adoption journey she has given me the title of "the Job of China."   As in the biblical Job.  There are no pesky boils to contend with, but it has been a crazy crazy ride.  It's all o.k. because this latest unfortunate turn of events has led us to a wonderful new agency.  One who actually returns phone calls.  We feel now that it is the best thing that could have happened.

 And in a few weeks we will most likely know who our little girl is.  And then I will make the call I have waited to make for the last four years. Ring Ring - "You won't believe what happened, we got our referral!!!"

No comments: