Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Count Down to referral!


 Is that a cute little girlie girl's room or what??  I guess it's obvious that I have been "nesting," I just had to add a pic to show off the progress.  It's not finished but is on it's way and just in time because...
We have great news to report!  We are expecting a referral early next week.  Yeah you heard me, I said next week.   We are days away from meeting Miss Iris. 

Right now as I write these words employees at CCAA could be studying our four year old passport head shots and looking over our pictures of family beach trips to compare them with a picture of a little face who will soon be our daughter.  They are reading about J's love of painting and my writing. They are reading about the boys sports activities and love of music. 

How CCAA matches a child with a family is still a great mystery. They supposedly look at each child's biographical information to see what kind of personality they have, when they were born and what their interests are.  No one knows just how they decide, but adoptive parents always seem to report it's a perfect match.  I'm sure it's a "match made in Heaven!"

Sorry, I'm cheesing myself out with this post but I am very excited, nervous and anxious that referral time has finally come.   I will let you all know when we get the news!


 

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the nursery. It is so beautiful. And I'm a little jealous since Hana's is currently in omplete disarray! If you really want something to keep you occupied these last few days, please feel free to help me finish! I can't wait for you guys to hear something and see all the baby pictures. :)

Jenn (Jdubs03 on RQ)

Lynn said...

Awwwss such a sweet room. I love the colors. I did pink and green too. I've been baby proofing!!

Any time now!!!

Wanda said...

What an exciting time for you and your family. Enjoy every single moment!

Adorable nursery.
:)

Wanda (At Last...)
www.atlastmilanascominhome.blogspot.com

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

So incredibly happy for you all... though I wish they would hurry up and get through April to reach my LID...

Dan and Karen said...

Congratulations! It is amazing how the CCAA gets just the right match. Our little one couln't be more perfect for us.

Can't wait to see photos of Iris on your blog and congratulations, the wait is finally over!

Karen
RQ Reader
Proud Xiushan Mamma to Danika Joy

PS The nursery is adorable!

Donna said...

What a sweet room! Our nursery is also pink and green. After four years, I'm still not tired of it (and my 5 year old still likes it too!).

Four years ago at almost this exact date I was stalking the Fed Ex truck as our referral photo was arriving too! It's a day I'll never forget and I'm sure you won't either!

:)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!