Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lucy has her package from Red Thread


We sent Lucy a little p.j. package through Ann at Red Thread. It included an outfit, photos for a album, candy for the nannies, a camera they will hopefully use to take pictures for us that we will get back in China and a blanket and doll. We know that she has it now and I am just imagining her looking through her photo album at all these strange faces staring back at her. I do hope it helps her become a little familiar with us. We have stared at her pictures so long and so intently that I know every detail of her face. Her hands, her eyes, and her little grins are etched in my brain. I'm sure if I could paint well I would have no problem at all re-creating her perfect likeness on canvas by memory alone. I wonder if she will stare at our faces as a child looking at a new picture book. Most likely she will use her new plastic photo album as a teething toy and that's o.k. too. We are prepared for it to be quite a shock for her to be handed over by the nannies she has come to love to a kooky looking new mama and daddy who have seemingly appeared out of nowhere. She has no idea that we have waited for her for so long and already love her so much. We can't wait to show her.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Congratulations! We used Ann too! I loved her e-mails!