Sunday, August 9, 2009

GUESS WHAT?

We finally have our referral!!!

Here is our beautiful girl!
She is from Jiangxi.  She is 14 months old.  She is wonderful!

I got the call Friday afternoon while in carpool line!  For the "March Group"  remember we are 3/21 so we were supposed to be in last month's referrals - they were going to try to match us before the next set of referrals came out but I did not know for sure if they could do it.  Talk about shocked! We really thought we would not hear anything until the next set of referrals came in around mid-August.

There was no camera set up like before, no call list by the phone, no Martha Stewart in China party planned -just me, my mini-van and my youngest in the back seat asking me to pass back his after school snacks while I blubbered on my cell phone.  After I asked my poor agency rep a few times if she was kidding me, and she assured me she had our match in her hand - I started frantically digging in my black hole of a purse to find something to write with.  I had just happened to grab my blinged out Virgin of Guadalupe memo pad for the car that morning, so now I will have to save that for her scrap book and hope she can decipher my scribbles when she's older.

And for anyone who ever questioned the multi-tasking capabilities of a woman you have obviously not witnessed a fractious "waiting four years to adopt" mom snake her way through a middle school carpool line while juggling phone, pad, pen and steering wheel, and successfully dodging unassuming preteens all while trying to absorb the fact that the sweetest little girl in China is waiting for us to come and get her in about six weeks!   Oh, and if you thought she could not get any cuter - check out these pictures!   I want to hop a jet tonight to go and kiss those chunky cheeks!                                                                    

 Thank you sweet friends, thank you dear family, thank you again to the wonderful community of China moms!  It has been a joy to have shared this ride with all of you - the coaster is still moving up the tracks but this time we know we are China bound.  We marvel at the support and love you all have given us over the years.  It is the dearest thing in the world to know that you all are just as excited as we are and we can't wait to see our sweet little girl.   

 

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Congratulations from Finland :)

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! All manner of things are well...

Michelle said...

Your daughter is just beautiful! I've been checking your site on and off since it was posted on RQ and I've been hoping and praying for your family! What wonderful news:) What province is she from?
Congratulions again:)

Anonymous said...

She is sooo beautiful!!! I love those referral photo's, she looks happy and sweet! I know you can't wait to go get her!!!!!
Regina

Canada to China and back! said...

She is soooo gorgeous! What a blessing! What a fun story for you to share with her as she gets older!

LJ said...

Your daughter is so beautiful! Congratulations on your referral. Wishing you safe and speedy travel to bring her home!
~LJ

Bobbi Jo said...

She is SOOOO gorgeous!!! Wow, I could just eat her up!! Congratulations to you all. Six weeks until you can scoop her up. I can't wait to follow your journey.

Dakota3 said...

I have checked your blog for weeks hoping for good new. I am so very happy for your family! She is beautiful! What a joy she will be.

Best wishes,
Cindy

LID April 20, 2006

FinsUp said...

Worth the wait for sure! What a lovely baby!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations she is adorable the same province as my daughter. Now get ready for the whirlwind of paperwork, LOL!!!
pw

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your daughter! Wishing you a lifetime of joy after a long, long wait to finally see her adorable face. May you travel soon! All the best from far away Sydney, Australia.

Lynn said...

Thank God! I was so very worried for you, not knowing what was happening. She is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations!! Enjoy these next weeks, they are a whirlwind of joy! Let me know if you have an questions...and did I say she was gorgeous!

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!! Your baby girl is beyond beautiful and I am oh so happy for you!! check out those cheeks! Just begging to be kissed by her mommy and daddy and 2 big brothers!

Thank you so much for sharing your joy with us! THrilled for you!!

Truly Blessed said...

Man, oh man, oh man, she's just beautiful! And SO worth the wait, I know. Gotta love those Jiangxi girls, they're extra special and extra cute (yeah, I'm mom to one of them myself, so I can say this!).

So happy for your family. Congratulations!

TB

Gina (Caleeo) said...

A huge congratulations to you! She is absolutely adorable!

Kayce said...

Congratulations!!! She is JUST BEAUTIFUL!! What a happy happy day for sure!

LedaP said...

aww, she's just precious. Congratulations to your family. What a total blessing.

Tahruska said...

What a cutie!!! Congratulations so much!!!

Isa + Steph + Sijia + William said...

Oh my! That must have been quite a surprise, a wonderful surprise!! Really happy for your family!!
Congratulations!

Virginia said...

Oh my goodness, could she be any cuter?!! Congratulations. I do believe our daughters may be from the same orphanage (Ji An?) If so, she's been in good hands (though not as good as her new Mama's of course). We just came home at the beginning of last month with our daughter and she is super healthy and happy and it's obvious she was played with and shown lots of affection. Anyway, your new little one is just adorable. Can't wait to follow your trip to China.

Gin =)

4D said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful. What a sweet face!!

Keep smilin!

TAA said...

Many thanks for all the good wishes!

sierrasmom said...

I have been checking your site on and off and hadn't for the last few days. I was so surprised to see the picture!!! Oh my gosh!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! You handled last months disappointment with so much grace. I am s o glad that you were matched at this time!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Kathie in NY

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finally getting your referral. I've been checking in once in a while since I saw your blog listed on RQ so I'm deligted that everything has worked our. My daughter is also from Jiangxi and she bearsa striking resemblance to your beautiful little girl. She was actually besise me when I looked at the picture and she said Oh look at me.
Congrats again
Sharrondizerm

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Oh what a fun surprise! She is beautiful. Congrats!

Ms. J said...

My heart broke for you when I followed your link on Rumor Queen and saw that there was some sort of delay/problem with your referral. For some reason, I thought of you today and decided to hunt back through the RQ site to find your blog page again, and see if there was a happy ending after all . . .

YOUR BABY GIRL IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

We recently celebrated being home one year from China with our own Lil Pumpkin.

I remember the excitement and delicious joy of those first photos:

http://inourownweirdway.blogspot.com/2008/03/here-she-is.html


CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

The Harlow's said...

So happy for you!!!! Our daughter is the same age and we are awaiting TA as well. Maybe we will travel at the same time.

Congratulations!!!

Diane