Friday, September 11, 2009

More Hong Kong






Today we did a bus tour of Hong Kong Island. It's still pretty rainy from the typhoon passing over so it was really nice to be carted around the island on a private tour where we were let off at all the hot spots and picked back up without having to wait on buses or big tour groups.

I'm still so tired that I can't come up with any interesting dialogue to go with these pics. So for now I'll just post some local color and maybe come back with some pithy remarks later on when I can start my day later than 3 in the a.m.

Tour of Aberdeen Fishing Village on the southern tip of Hong Kong Island.
This is home to generations of fishing families. Some spend their entire lives on the boats. They tie out boat stations where they live and take the "junks" out to fish for a week or two at time, then come back to their floating homes.

This floating restaurant holds 4,000 people. It's very touristy but is supposed to be a fun place to go to eat at night.




















2 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

Keep 'em coming. I'm loving these!!

fullsteam said...

Does Lucy know her daddy wears a fanny pack? For that matter, does the orphanage?